What we do
With country ownership and leadership of their control and elimination programs as a guiding principle, ESPEN contributes to the broader WHO target of universal health coverage, long-term sustainability and strengthening of health systems by:
- Scaling up treatments to achieve 100% geographical coverage, leaving no one behind.
- Building their capacity to provide quality health services, countries are able to interrupt transmission and reach their elimination goals.
- Strengthening information systems for evidence-based action: Reaching universal health coverage requires strong measurement and transparency.
- Improving the effective use of donated medicines through enhanced supply chain management: Every donated tablet is administered with no extra financial charge to those who need it.
- Fostering partnerships and strengthening advocacy for increased resource mobilization for NTD elimination.